Friday, April 18, 2014

Kate's Mary-Janes: a WIP

Happy Easter friends! I hope you are spending it with family or friends. Unfortunately I couldn't be with my family this year with the distance too great for me to travel for just the weekend, so I am bundled up in my house doing the 'house-y' things and about to get stuck in to some more crochet!

I have rekindled the flame that is my love for crochet. I knew it would happen sooner or later and I am loving it!

Thanks to the second instalment of the Jellywares autumn yarn club, I have a yummy skein of Malabrigo Rios yarn in the shade Jupiter all the way from Peru (via Cobar, NSW, hehe) to use for my next project.

I have been promising my big sister Kate a pair of these Mary-Jane slippers since about 2010 when I first started crocheting (slack sister award goes to….), so when parcel two of the yarn club arrived I knew it would be the perfect time to make a pair for her.


So far I have completed the bulk of the first slipper, I managed to get hooking last Sunday afternoon while procrastinating uni studies ( and the slack student award goes to...)

I am loving how they are turning out! The variegation in the yarn adds a little something special too. What do you think???


I am hoping to have the pair finished this weekend so I can pop them in the post first thing next week!

Enjoy the Easter break! I'm off to eat some warm hot-cross buns and sip on a cup of peppermint tea I purchased from these lovely farmers at the Orange producers market a few weeks a go.

I'll see you soon,
E, x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo