Monday, April 29, 2013

Catch up

Hi all, I've been a little slack on the the blogging front as of late with no real excuses except that not a lot of exciting stuff has been happening lately!

I am back into uni full swing and the time is going by sloooooowly. I am currently in a long distance relationship with my boyfriend who lives in our home town which is over 500kms away from where I am at uni so time is always a factor for me.

This term has been rough for me so far. Its nearly been two weeks since I last saw my BF and we have another two weeks before we see each other again and it is killing me! We Skype and talk on the phone all the time but its just not the same. We are both committed to doing what we have to do this year to work towards our careers (he is in his final year of an apprenticeship and I am in my final year of uni) but it doesn't replace the fact that it is super hard.

So this past week, following my whirlwind trip to Filex, I have been more motivated than ever to get in shape and I have to admit, I am loving the motivation. I worked out six times last week and felt amazing for it!

This was after my first workout back - not too bad since I hadn't been working out in weeks!

While I was at Filex I finally got a heart rate monitor/calorie counting watch that I have been wanting for ages! I used it for the first time for my first workout back last Monday and I am in love. I love knowing how hard I have worked in a work out and try and beat it each time I go back to the gym.

The best I did last week was burn 536 calories in one workout! I was stoked! I tried so hard to beat it yesterday at my workout but for some reason I just couldn't get there with only burning 451 calories. I'll get there eventually!!




I have been trying to stay super motivated and even managed to convince myself NOT to go to the movies on Saturday afternoon because I knew I wouldn't be able to resist the yummy popcorn (its one of my biggest weaknesses!) So I got out of the house and went for a walk! I figure that some exercise is better than none! I was still pleased with the amount of calories burnt on this brisk walk and didn't get any 'after indulging' guilt that I would have felt if I had gone to the movies.


I tracked my walk using the Lorna Jane iPhone app - its probably not 100% accurate but gives me a good idea of how hard I worked.

Its no secret that I am a HUGE fan of instagram and I am constantly finding new accounts to follow for motivation and awesome food inspiration and I attempted my own version of what quite a few foodie peeps are calling the 'parfait'. It was such a yummy breakfast and a nice take on the usual oats that I have been eating every morning for the past week.


Please excuse the blurry iPhone quality!

I made this using whole oats, almond milk, 2 tablespoons of natural yogurt and some frozen blueberries. Super yummy! Try it if you need a refresh on your ordinary morning oats!

That was pretty much my week! Lots of working out but feeling great! I'm determined to continue to work out most days this week with Saturday being the start of my new netball season with a new team! I'm super excited!

What are your goals for this week?

XO

2 comments:

  1. Long distance sucks sooooo much! Husband & I were in different states for the first 5 years together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG five years?! How did you do it? We've been doing it since the start of last year and hoping that it'll be over by then end of the year!

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo