Tuesday, April 2, 2013

There's no place like home

A belated happy Easter to all of my bloggy friends out there! I have had a big, busy weekend! I just got back to Wagga to finish off the remainder of the week at uni before heading home again on Friday (seems silly but that's the way the holidays fall for us!).

I spent the weekend with my family and boyfriend. On Sunday and Monday I spent my time on our family property breathing in some sanity with that fresh country air. Of course we got some work done too and as tiring as it can be, it feels so good to do some farm work. There is nothing in the world like it!


We mustered up some of our gorgeous cows and calves to move them into another paddock with more water from the creek. Unfortunately things are getting increasingly dry on our property despite some rain about a month a go. We are having to shift our cattle around to release pressure on the bore pumping water to the paddocks for the stock to drink. The joys of the dry season!!






As always, it was a family affair with my Mum, Dad, my older sister Kate and her boyfriend James pitching in to get the work done on Monday.






I always feel good after spending time on our property. It may not be every ones cup of tea but I love it. I feel refreshed and grounded again. All of the dramas of normal everyday life seem to become non-existent and I can hide away from the 'real world' for a short time out in the bush. 

The best part about it all is spending the time with my family. There is something beautiful about working together working towards something like the family farm.

I am a country girl at heart, no doubt about it. I have travelled roughly 1400kms this past weekend and am feeling a little wrecked but can't wait to get this week done and dusted to get back home for some holiday time. 


I hope your weekend was a beautiful one spent with loved ones too.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great trip. Nothing beats being out in the country, i miss it so much as i now live in the city but will always be a country girl at heart like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bec, I might be moving to the city at the end of the year so I'm trying to get in as much time as I can! I'll miss it so much!! :(

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo