Thursday, May 16, 2013

P for POSITIVE




I'm a pessimist. Its a horrible trait and if I am honest, I haven't been trying hard enough to shake it. I always think of the worst possible outcome and then I get myself knotted up in a negative ball feeling glum and not wanting to face the world.

Last night this happened when I was in bed talking to my bf on the phone. I keep thinking that things in my life haven't turned out at all how I had imagined when I was back in high school. I envy those that leave school and fall straight into a career that they love and everything seems to fall into place.

It has taken me YEARS to figure out what I want to do with my life, and this year I am confused all over again?!

Do we ever really work out what we want to be or how we want to live our lives if we are one of those 'unfortunate' ones that didn't strike it lucky the first time around?

Anyhow, I'm getting a bit gloomy again.

Today's word for me is positivity. I am making a conscious effort today to think of happy, positive thoughts to boot my negativity.

So what if I am confused with what I want to do after this degree is over at the end of the year. Who cares if I end up working an average job for a while? At this rate, if it makes me happy - I DON'T CARE!

Do you ever feel like this? 

E, x

4 comments:

  1. I'm generally a positive person but my husband is quite like you. It's important to give yourself reminders everyday to be happy and positive. I remember being confused about my career/future upon graduation too, so it's perfectly normal what you are feeling right now.

    PS: I'm hosting an Antipodes giveaway and hope you will enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/antipodes-apostle-skin-brightening-and.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trishie! I'll def pop by your blog and take a look :) xo

      Delete
  2. I'm a pessimist too, I don't like being one and I really need to be more positive too. I'm not sure if you ever really know what you want to be, I think we can be many things and do many things. I'm having the same experience at the moment - what to do next. Good luck with it all.

    (www.30daysofsmiles.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo