Tuesday, February 15, 2011

On the menu...

Tonight I tried out a new recipe by one of my favourite cooks and authors, Donna Hay! Oh Donna Hay does soooo many amazing recipes, she is a goddess in the kitchen and tonight I attempted to follow one of her yummy recipes to see if I could be the "goddess" of the kitchen for a night!


I love risotto and it was one of the first dishes that Roger and I ever made together. The last time I attempted risotto on my own it turned out a little less than great! I hadn't followed the instructions properly and managed to not put enough liquid in with the rice that the it ended up turning out a lot harder than "al dente"!


Not tonight though! I followed the recipe correctly (I even added a little extra to make the servings larger and it still turned out great!)


risotto 15.02.11

Mmmm. This was a winner! It was super quick (only 40 mins in the oven - long enough to have a shower, a glass of red and relax for a bit!) and tasted quite nice. The bacon flavour came through the dish the most, I probably could have added a tad more pepper but this is minor in the grand scheme of things I reckon!!


I would definitely recommend giving this one a try. I found it online on Donna's website.
Bon' Appetit!
Ellie x

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I'll have to make this one on the weekend. Sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo