Monday, April 25, 2011

Get out of Town!!

Well that's exactly what Roger and I did this Easter! We hit the road on Thursday afternoon after work to head to the small township of Mudgee.

DSC_0396



DSC_0395

DSC_0398

We love Mudgee and every time we visit, our time there always confirms just why we love it so much. I think I've put on about 5kgs in food and wine alone!!!! (Not even Easter eggs! Poor effort hey!? lol)



Because Mudgee is almost halfway between were Roger and I live and where Roger's Mum and sister live we thought it would be the perfect place to meet for our long weekend.


DSC_0428

DSC_0430

DSC_0438

We did some winery touring, eating scrumptious food (and drinking wine of course), visiting the Farmers Markets (Ooooh I LOVE the markets there! So much cheese, olives, wine, oils... droooool!!!) and I even managed to find a cute little "Wool Shed" yarn store that sells their own home grown wool!


DSC_0424

DSC_0423

DSC_0420

DSC_0419

All in all our little "get-away" was a huge success!


No matter how far away you go from home and how beautiful it is, its always nice to come home isn't it? Ahhh, I'm relaxing at home now with some nice scented candles burning and my fav Sugarland albums playing scrolling through Blogland... Bliss! hehe


Happy Easter Bloggy friends, I hope your weekend has been spent with lots of smiles with family and friends (and choccy eggs!!!)


Ellie..........x

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics miss ellie, glad u had a great easter with the inlaws!!!

    <3 Love Kate xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo