Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Miss E's Wool-Eater...WIP

This week I have been working on the Wool-eater pattern that I mentioned in my last post by Sarah London.





It looks a little funny at the moment with a few threads here and there that need to be sewn in and it hasn't fully taken shape just yet!

I love this pattern, the finished product looks excellent and has an almost "3D" look. I'm making this wool eater for our coffee table at home.


So far I haven't finished the pattern and need to do maybe 1 or 2 more rounds until its done. I think I've made a small mistake in the pattern somewhere but I'm working through it to make sure it still looks right!!





I'll definitely make another one of these using a different combo of colours and maybe a different type of yarn to get a slightly different texture.

What do you think?? Have you found a great pattern for a table centre piece? I'd love to hear if you have!

Ellie x

2 comments:

  1. that has worked a treat - no wonder your already planning another one.
    I've relly got to try something more complicated then a coaster :) - you've provided some great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I was a feeling like you are now, wanting to try something a little different because I've made a whole bunch of washers and things! This was a nice change!
    I'd definitely recommend giving this one a go, even if you only made it the size of a pot holder or something just to try it out!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo