Monday, November 8, 2010

Cows and Crochet...

Over the last few days I have been very busy. I spent the majority of my weekend doing some form of work (excluding a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon spent with friends crocheting and chatting!!).
On Sunday I went bush to our family property "Budda" to help mum and dad mark some of our little calves that were born this season. I love helping out on the farm (of course being raised a bush girl most of the time it doesn't feel too much like work for me.)

It can be a dusty, hot and long job but at the end of the day seeing all of the gorgeous calves that we've bred, branded and marked is worth the hard work!

So in between working at my real job and out on the farm I managed to squeeze in some crochet time and whipped up this cute little round washer!

The pattern is by Jodie. I plan on making a few more of these cuties in Christmas colours for some Christmas pressies and for a Christmas wash cloth swap that I'm joining in on soon!


And in other exciting news this past week, my gorgeous boyfriend decided to surprise me with a beautiful bunch of flowers delivered to my work on Friday afternoon! I was sooo shocked!! It was such a sweet gesture just to say "Love you lots babe" !!


(Unfortunately for some strange reason, Blogger wont let me upload the pics I have of the entire bunch so I can only show a couple of piccies above!! But trust me, it is a very nice and big bunch!! hehe)


The Lillie's in the bunch are just opening up now and are sooo pretty and looking at them every morning is a nice reminder of how special I felt when I got the big bunch!!

He is definitely a keeper!! *wink* hehe

How did you spend your weekend??
More crafty new to come soon! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo