Monday, November 29, 2010

Feeling Festive!

Christmas is my FAVOURITE time of year! I love it!! I've already put up my chrissie tree and some deco's in our house! (I know its suppose to be bad luck to put up decos early or something but I'm not really thinking of bad luck around this festive time!)

On Saturday in crochet class we started on a Christmas inspired bunting/garland (which ever you like to call it) and I'm feeling more festive than ever!




These little granny-ish style stars will eventually adjoin a crocheted chain to make a long garland to hang on our wall. You can see what the finished project should look like over at Jodie's place!




These cute stars are quite addictive to make, and very quick too! I managed to make my first one in about 15 mins! The rest took a little longer because I got distracted chatting to friends over cups of tea and crochet!! hehe

So easy and quick, I'm hoping to have this garland done long before Santa arrives!!!



In other crochet news, I've started the second half of my "Mystery crochet project" (purse). I've only just started it but I'm so excited to get it finished!



I hope your Sunday has treated you well. Roger and I are trying out a new recipe for dinner (it is smelling delish in the oven!!) and if all turns out well I'll post about it soon! :o)


Enjoy the last few hours of the weekend, I know I am going to... Ahhh I love weekends!

6 comments:

  1. I love the stars! Can't wait to see the finished garland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ellie, love the crocheted stars, they'll look fab in a garland. Gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure these will look gorgeous when all strung together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stars are looking awesome Ellie!!!
    I can't wait to see your garland all finishe and I know your just going to love the purse when that's done too..

    Hope dinner was delicious!!!

    Happy Hooking - Jodie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely stars and a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely comments!! I'll keep you all posted on the progress!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo