Sunday, June 6, 2010

Goodies...

This past week has been a HUGE one! I've been all over the country (and city) side for work and am now sooo glad to be back home! Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the city but it's always nice to come home! In the flurry that was the city, I also had to spend every inch of my leftover time studying for a uni exam that I have to sit tomorrow :S argh! (Fingers crossed I can get through it! At the moment I'm not feeling very confident!!)

Besides all of the work and no play I've been doing I've have some goodies to report on! Last saturday for work our business hosted an auction and a clearing sale at one of the local historical buildings in town. I was lucky enough to get to have a good squiz at all of the old furniture that they were selling and the other bits and bobs that we auctioned off. My partner Roger got (in my opinion) the bargain of the day! He purchased a 1971 model Mercedes Benz! It was super cheap, registered until next year and still in pretty good nick! Roger is stoked, and loving it. He's already decked it out in Socceroos flags! lol



After the sale I made it down to Jellywares for another crochet class, and I'm so glad because I am sooo hooked! I've made a good start on the black cowl that I mentioned in a previous post (using a pattern supple=ied by Jellywares) and I've also started on a new scarf, just for fun and to experiement. I'm calling it the loosey goosey scarf because I've been using a large hook (10.0mm) instead of a smaller one which instead of making the scarf nice and tight its a bit looser, I'm liking how its turning out though. I'm using a very basic treble pattern from a beginners crochet book by Patons (book 1257) "Learn to Crochet". At the moment its only a short in lenght but I'll get there eventually!


At the moment the cowl is looking like a flat circle but soon enough it'll be looking like a proper scarf.


I've made a few mistakes here and there but I'm getting there! Still yet to have made a start on my pot holder but will try to get it started this week!


Ellie x

2 comments:

  1. I found you! You are a hard girl to track down! You have also inspired me... i feel my own blog coming on very soon...
    Hayley x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad!!! I hope to be checking your blog out soon!! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo