Sunday, October 2, 2011

What do you think about....

....Organics??

I mean, organic anything? Food, cleaning products, beauty products, shampoos ... whatever!


Over the past few days I have been thinking about all of the crap we put into our mouths and on our bodies in the way of preservatives, chemicals and what not in all of the products we eat or use daily, it really gets me thinking. I have developed an interest in what it means to be "organic" and I'm interested in learning more about the benefits of using organic products.


I mean, it makes sense doesn't it?


When I was staying with friends in Holland last month I was blown away and so inspired by their way of living on their gorgeous little farm! They have a veggie patch to DIE for, they make all of their own food from their fresh produce and its just delicious, and they know exactly what has gone into their meals and I love that!!

Jansens veggie patch
Jansens veggie patch2
Jansens house

I noticed as I rode my push bike through the farm land and into Aalten (a small town in the countryside) that the Dutch people really are the fresh food and produce people! I went to a small market and the produce was amazing! The flowers were so gorgeous, I was in love.

aalten flower stand
market berries
aalten veggies

It has totally inspired me to get our garden and veggie patching going properly again and to focus more on homegrown, fresh produce where I know exactly what has gone into my food.



Do you grow your own veggies, or make your own "organic" products to use at home?? What do you think about organic stuff??

I'd love to hear all about it!

Ellie..............x

3 comments:

  1. That is one of the swwetest and tidiest vegie patches I've ever seen.
    We grow some of our own vegies, they taste so much better than those from the supermarket; and are saving money; and food km's too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very concerned with what we put on our skin...which is why I love Simply Divine Botanical skin care products and just am trying 100% Pure products....take a look at some of the regular things you use...many are full of xenoextrogens, parabens, phthalates, sodium laurel sulfate and more. Our skin is our 3rd kidney (so to speak) and what we put ON our skin is the same as what we eat. I've been told I look much younger. I'm just thrilled I found these products.

    I also do not allow silver amalgam fillings in any of our teeth and only allow porcelain and/or white fillings. Just a few minutes of research can you leave your jaw dropping.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    I hope it's ok that I use one of your beautiful photos in a post of mine (attributed of course). Please let me know if not and I'll take it down.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo