Saturday, October 1, 2011

Book Worm

Whilst I was overseas I had the biggest craving to start reading again. Some days I had some spare time to chill-ax and picking up a book and reading it (and finishing it!!) was such an awesome feeling! I rarely ever just sit down at home and enjoy a good story.

I read 3 books while I was away and boy, I was so lucky to have picked such awesome ones!!
One of my favourites turned out to be the very popular "The Help"

The-Help-poster


I can not say a bad word about this book. The moment I picked it up I was hooked! Its so well written about such an amazing and touching topic, I just flew through the pages and enjoyed everyone of them.

For those of you that mightn't have heard about The Help here's a little synopsis to wet your book worm taste buds!!


"Set in Mississippi during the 1960s, Skeeter (Stone) is a southern society girl who returns from college determined to become a writer, but turns her friends' lives -- and a Mississippi town -- upside down when she decides to interview the black women who have spent their lives taking care of prominent southern families. Aibileen (Davis), Skeeter's best friend's housekeeper, is the first to open up -- to the dismay of her friends in the tight-knit black community. Despite Skeeter's life-long friendships hanging in the balance, she and Aibileen continue their collaboration and soon more women come forward to tell their stories -- and as it turns out, they have a lot to say. Along the way, unlikely friendships are forged and a new sisterhood emerges, but not before everyone in town has a thing or two to say themselves when they become unwittingly -- and unwillingly -- caught up in the changing times."

(synopsis from here.)

THE HELP

It is a powerful book and absolutely makes you think about life in the 1960's. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is in search of a great read!

I am also equally excited about this book as I am about this.....

It has recently been made into a movie starring Emma Stone, Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer! Here's a peek at the trailer - It looks fantastic!



Ellie...........x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers! Whats on your mind?! Drop me a comment! Ellie xo